The ultimate production interferometer for Multi-fiber (and Single-fiber) ferrule end-face geometry measurements.
Based on the design and philosophy which made the DAISI a success, here is the brand new DAISI-MT White-Light / Red-Light interferometer, dedicated to the measurement of end-face geometry of multi-fiber ferrules (single-fiber capability).
Its revolutionary design makes it ideal for the use in the production environment as well as field applications.
Non-compressed, real time and high quality images are transferred from the hardware to the software via USB high speed links at speeds up to 100 images per second in addition to the automation and control commands.
DAISI-MT is portable and can be interfaced to laptop or desktop computers.
All calibration steps are automated and embedded into a user-friendly software interface in order to yield error-free and reliable measurements.
Software for DAISI-MT was redesigned from ground up with many automation features and a sophisticated interface to the microncontroller-based electronic interface of the system.
Mechanics and electronics
White-Light interferometers’ mechanical and electronic design is more challenging than Red-Light (monochromatic) interferometer’s design. The whole optical system must be translated over several dozens of microns with nanometric precision and in a perfectly linear fashion.
DAISI-MT system does just that: based on a 30 microns stroke closed-loop piezoelectric transducer, the focus is smoothly, precisely and quickly scanned across the sample surface in less than 10 seconds.
- Single unit for measurement of all types of Single-fiber and Multi-fiber ferrules (MT-X, MPO, Mini-MT (MT-RJ), etc.) PC and APC.
- Measure up to 100 fibers in a single scan with DAISI-MT mega-pixel high resolution camera.
- Combined White-Light and Red-Light phase-shifting interferometer.
- Vibration insensitive. No specific isolation table required.
- Closed-loop high precision 30 microns Z scanning range.
- Non-contact measurement.
- Rapid autofocus.
- One button easy operation.
- Automatic calibration of reference mirror.
- No exterior moving parts or adjustment screw -> No apex de-calibration.
- Easy and fast switching from PC to APC, no change of ferrule holder required.
- Connector key adapters for most connector types. Special design provides easy loading feature.
- Fast and automated measurement of endface parameters as required by standards.
- Accurate and repeatable measurements.
- Interfaceable to laptop computers, USB link required.
- Compliance with Industry Standards for Interferometer Measurements
- High resolution 2D & 3D surface profiles
- Measurement Report and History Report
- Low heat, long life LED illumination
Measurement speed is under 10 secs.
|X & Y angles (°)||0.002 / 0.02||±1° deviation from 0°(PC) or 8°(APC)|
|Fibre Height (µm)||0.003 / 0.01||up to 20|
|Measurement Speed||6sec. scan + 3sec. reconstruction for a 12 fibers ferrule|
|Field of View||configurable 5.6 x 3.0mm max. - Supports 16 fibers/row|
|Lateral Resolution||configurable 2.5µm max.|
|Wavelength||white and red (632nm) LED|
|Power requirements||12V - 25VA|
|Temperature||10 to 35°C|
|Humidity||5 to 85%, non-condensing|
Repeatability values calculated from 50 consecutive measurements without interaction on connector between measurements.
Reproducibility values calculated from 50 consecutive measurements while removing and inserting connector in ferrule holder between measurements.