High precision fiber-core to ferrule-envelope concentricity and indexing measurements.
With this module, KONCENTRIK-V2 measures the concentricity of the ferrule bore with respect to the ferrule outer envelope with less than 0.15µm uncertainty. Other measured values are the angular position of the bore with respect to the connector key (tuning applications), the bore diameter and non-circularity errors of both the ferrule outer envelope and the ferrule bore.
KONCENTRIK-V2 is a modular measurement system. Several mechanical modules adapt on it so that either fiber or ferrule concentricity measurements can be performed.
Production of Reference and Master patchcords by pre-selecting the ferrules. Pre-tuning of ferrules so as to reduce the random mating insertion loss of fibre optic assemblies.
- Measure Ø2.5mm and 1.25mm PC-type connectors, other diameters available
- Ferrule end-face visual inspection at x400 magnification
- Accurate and repeatable measurements
- User adjustable quality level for high-speed measurements
- Easy calibration Koncentrik Software
- Measurement data exported in standard CSV format
- Statistics on measurements available
|Eccentricity measurement||±0.05µm||0 to 100µm|
|Indexing measurement||±5° if eccentricity > 0.2µm||0 to 360°|
|Measurement Speed||3 sec+ (user variable)|
|Ferrule outside Ø||1 to 3.17mm|
|Ferrule bore Ø||5 to 400µm|
|Power requirements||12V external supply|
|Link to PC||USB2.0, no card required|
|Temperature||10 to 35°C|
|Humidity||5 to 85%, non-condensing|