The ultimate production interferometer for ferrule end-face geometry measurements.
DAISI v2 (Digital Automated Interferometer for Surface Inspection) was designed with years of industry feedback in mind in order to satisfy the most demanding requirements for the use in the production environment.
Non-compressed, real time and high quality images are transfered from the hardware to the software via a USB2.0 high speed link in addition to the automation and control commands. DAISI is portable and can be interfaced to laptop or desktop computers. All calibration steps are automated and embedded into a user-friendly software interface in order to yield error-free and reliable measurements.
Software for DAISI was redesigned from ground up with many automation features and a sophisticated interface to the microcontroller-based electronic interface of the system.
- Single unit for measurement of PC and APC ferrules, connectors and bare fibers.
- Non-contact measurement.
- Fast autofocus.
- One-button easy operation.
- Servo-controlled reference mirror for automatic Apex calibration.
- Strongest ferrule holder in the industry with automated open/close feature. Can perform measurements while handling the cable.
- No exterior moving parts or adjustment screws.
- No apex decalibration.
- Vibration insensitive. Measurements can be made when holding the system by hand.
- Easy and fast switching from PC to APC, no change of ferrule holder required.
- Connector key adaptors for most connector types. Special design provides easy loading feature.
- Interfaceable to laptop computers, only one USB2 link required.
- White-Light scanning option for extended fiber height range.
|Radius (mm)||±0.05% / ±0.05%||3 to flat|
|Apex Offset (µm)||±0.5 / ±1||0 to 500|
|Fibre Height (nm)||±1 / ±1.5||±160 (±15 000 with White-Light option)|
|Fiber Cleave Angle||±0.01° / ±0.015°||0 to 12°|
|Measurement Speed||1 sec †|
|Wavelength||633nm (White-Light optional)|
|Power requirements||12V - 25VA|
|Temperature||10 to 35°C|
|Humidity||5 to 85%, non-condensing|
Repeatability values calculated from 50 consecutive measurements without interaction on connector between measurements.
Reproducibility values calculated from 50 consecutive measurements on a PC-polish connector while rotating connector in ferrule holder between measurements.
† Excluding clamping and autofocus